Ginger is an amazing root “spice”. There are so many ways to use it – cooking, juicing, smoothies, infusing. But did you know some people should avoid ginger? Here are the 3 groups of people who should take precautions & talk to their physician before consuming ginger.
1. Bleeding disorders: Ginger could increase your risk of bleeding.
2. Diabetes: Ginger can increase your insulin levels and/or lower your blood sugar. As a result, diabetes medications might need to be adjusted so that they will be effective in controlling blood sugar levels.
3. Heart conditions: High doses of ginger might worsen some heart conditions.
But there are so many benefits to Ginger!
Ginger is good for:
- Stomach issues
- Nausea & vomiting caused by Cancer & HIV treatment
- Loss of appetite
- Pain from rheumatoid arthritis
Ginger reduces inflammation & ginger has an active ingredient used in many laxative, anti-gas, and antacid medications.